Saturday, August 27, 2011

Could you pass me a cold one?...


Anyone that knows my husband knows he loves beer! So, what better way to celebrate his birthday than with a nice cold Budweiser! Well, it wasn't cold, and it wasn't beer but you get the idea. This was my first time trying to carve cake and it must not have enjoyed the carving because it gave me lots of trouble. Maybe it was the fact that I was trying to carve moist carrot cake with chunks of pineapple that caused the problems...who knows...lesson learned! The cake itself was SO good and the cream cheese frosting was "lick it off the spoon when no one is looking" good. It was also the first time I used an edible image - they are really cool and super easy to use. So glad I have a local cake supply near by to print it for me! My husband really enjoyed it and I think it meant a lot to him to know that I had spent hours making something special just for him. Isn't that why we do this? To see the joy it brings others? Funny how flour and sugar can make people smile. :)



Keep it sweet
~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment