Saturday, August 27, 2011

Poker anyone?...

What better to make the poker lover than a poker themed cake? When I say poker lover I mean poker LOVER! :) Actually I don't think I have visited my parents and not seen my dad playing poker (Internet poker). Some call it obsessive, he just calls it relaxing....gotta love him. This was my first time using a hexagon pan and the end shape is really nice - need to invest in more shaped pans for sure! The poker table design I had in mind originally included a little gum paste "dad" sitting at the table with a beer in his hand playing an awesome hand of poker but alas my ideas did not correspond with my figure making abilities - or lack thereof! So, I decided to scrap the figure idea and hone in on those skills later. Everything on the cake is edible, including the little playing cards with the edible images on top.
Cake was lemon with lemon curd filling (sweet and tart - just like my dad). It was the first time I had made him anything by hand (outside of those cards we made when we were little) and I know it meant a lot to him. Mistakes and all a lot of love went into this cake!!!! Love you dad!!!


Keep it sweet
~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment